Founders Factory is unlike anywhere else. We create entirely new products from scratch and turn promising concepts into prototypes, and ultimately an MVP, validating decisions commercially along the way to attract a founding team that can spin out into a fully-fledged business.
We are seeking to build a founding team for a product we’ve built within the Factory known as TapTrip which the fastest way for frequent flyers to book on mobile. This is a product that delivers tangible value to its users, sits in a huge market and with the right leadership can raise financing from top venture funds. For the right person, this is an incredible opportunity to join a business where a lot of the early leg work in launching this startup is complete, and where you have the opportunity to get founder-level equity and responsibility as you take this business from early product to IPO.
The way we book flights has undergone massive change over the last decade. Metasearch has become a fundamental part of finding the right flight while at the same time mobile phones have become ubiquitous in our lives. Logically it would follow that people would mainly be booking on mobile.
Although most flight searches start on mobile, booking still predominantly happens on the desktop. This is largely because mobile is modelled on desktop conventions and Metasearch, although extremely valuable in helping us search through multiple options and find the right price, has fragmented the experience by forwarding us onto other sites, making it difficult to know whom to trust.
Frequent flyers are a special and very valuable segment who are even more underserved by mobile. Traditional metasearch offerings are catered to all flyers, which is already unoptimised for mobile, leaving them with a very poor and overcomplicated experience. The big opportunity herein lies by focusing on this segment, both the leisure frequent flyer and those that do so for business who currently suffer with antiquated managed travel solutions.
The market is ready for an offering that finally serves this very valuable audience. The amount of companies popping up in this space is growing rapidly but none are delivering a mobile first experience and therein lies the key opportunity. They are all just building better desktop experiences for corporate booking or products that augment the current broken experience - none are tackling it at the core (search and booking) via mobile and then converging all of the other needs of the frequent traveller into it.
The aim is to build a tool that takes calendar, loyalty scheme accommodation and corporate booking functionality all into one experience. By building from the core outwards and creating the ultimate tool for booking we are then poised to offer our audience so much more and truly build the future of travel - to break free from the conventions and create a seamless experience.
Travel shouldn’t be complicated and that is at the core of what Taptrip does.
As our Co-Founder, CEO, you will be responsible for:
- Executing the successful launch of TapTrip
- Developing the product with proprietary technology and further building out the MVP for mobile to put into the hands of real users to test concepts
- Activating distribution partnerships and supercharging growth
- Hiring and retaining a world class team beyond the founders
- Manage a team of engineers and designers to prioritise, validate and launch the product
As our Co-Founder, CEO, you possess the following skills and competencies:
- Deep sector experience in travel
- Commercial and/or product experience taking an early stage business forward
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a leadership capacity
- A proven track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life
- Knowledge of a range of modern web or mobile frameworks (the app is built in Native iOS)
- Genuinely passionate about disrupting the way flights are booked
- Proven track record of fundraising (ideally £500K+)
- Constantly experimenting with new technologies and tools to drive innovation and creativity
- Strong communication skills - you’ll be sharing the results of analyses, and discussing technical problems, with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Thrive in uncertainty - ideally in an agency business and/or startup environment
- Founder level equity
- Cash injection into the business
- 12 months of office space
- Support from Founders Factory operations team