Frisbee: Software Engineer
Frisbee uses a conversational interface to gather workplace feedback, support personal career development and ultimately give employees a "living curriculum vitae” that isn't buried in corporate systems, but is owned by each employee and can be taken with them to future jobs.
The product helps individuals learn about their own strengths through an anonymous peer review algorithm, and then creates intelligent recommendations on how best to improve and ultimately achieve career goals. And the data on the employee is owned by the individual, fundamentally changing the traditional approach to gathering peer feedback in the workforce.
You will be working exclusively on an existing product at a ‘V1’ stage of development, with a prioritised backlog of user stories groomed and ready for you to hit the ground running from your day one.
To begin with, your day-to-day will be working through this backlog, however as you are the first employee of our exciting new tech startup and will be working in close quarters alongside the two non-technical founders that will be taking the business forward, you’ll never be simply a ‘mere’ employee.
In fact, you will be integral to our ability to meet the requirements of our early pilot users (large corporates) in the short-term - yes, your effort will be seen by others in the real world! - and your technical and product contributions will influence the direction the product takes in the medium/long-term, so passion for what Frisbee is aiming to achieve will go a long way.
You look like someone who definitely:
- Has experience with at least one of Django or React
- Has at least 2-3 years commercial Engineering experience
- Has an understanding and first-hand experience across the full-stack
- Is able to work constructively alongside a Product Owner
- Has a desire to work in an early-stage startup, with everything this implies
- Enjoys small teams and big ambitions
- Enjoys the pressure of responsibility and the responsibility of autonomy
- Is passionate about product (maybe even entrepreneurial?)
And maybe even has (for bonus points!):
- Python (Django) and React experience
- Early-stage startup experience
- A CS-related degree
- Experience working with and deploying to AWS
- A DevOps mindset
- Experience with TDD
This is an opportunity to work right at the early stage of a massively disruptive business within one of the most exciting incubator/accelerators in the UK.