Chosen AI is an AI-first, deep-tech startup building the computer brain to revolutionise the recruitment industry. We have already attracted a world-class team and advisory board, are backed by the Founders Factory and can count the likes of L’Oreal, Aviva and SkyScanner as our development partners.
Our multifaceted AI algorithms analyse billions of data points across +400M candidates and +9M companies to develop a unique fingerprint for each candidate, representing a deep understanding of career paths and the context of their individual work experience. Our technology is built upon state-of-the-art natural language processing (NLP), search, and AI models, with the proprietary customisation of our Data Science Team.
Modern recruiting is undergoing a significant disruption. The recruitment industry has an annual turnover of over £35 billion in the UK alone. Sourcing talent takes up about 60% of the market at about £23 billion. It's commonly accepted that recruitment professionals spend up to 75% of their time and 60% of budget on candidate sourcing. It involves lots of manual, time- consuming work which is cognitively draining, and more importantly, it distracts people from actually developing meaningful relationships with their candidates.
The Chosen AI platform is intuitive and easy to use and brings the traditional candidate sourcing workflow from days and weeks down to seconds. Subtle differences and comparisons are handled by our models to give recruiters unbiased recommendations and rich insights on all candidates.
We are looking for a fellow Chosen One to be our most senior technical decision maker, responsible for delivering the product, driving the infrastructural development of the business and to hire and manage the Tech Team.
You will get to:
- Own key technological and architectural decisions and work with the CEO and Chief Scientist to scale the company
- Develop the product’s infrastructure and take responsibility for deployment and delivery of a very technical product
- Hire, manage and set the culture of a team of multi-departmental developers and engineers
- Have exposure to fundraising campaigns to help sponsor the business’s capitalisation requirements
- Experienced building & scaling big-data services
- Good working knowledge of developing search & recommender systems
- Expertise in Python or similar programming language
- Strength in systems architecture & infrastructure, especially on AWS
- Comfortable working on front-end web (Node & ReactJS)
- Built and led a team before and comfortable being responsible for the welfare and development of other engineers
- Managed a technical project, knowing when to apply appropriate project management strategies and aligning a team around an objective
- Be obsessive about delivering new tech and value to our users and customers
- Comfortable explaining technical products and systems to unrelated parties
- Proven delivery of a product to market, ideally in a B2B context
- Engaged in the product development process in prior roles
- Experience of knowing when to push for the perfect solution versus a simpler way to move product development forward
- Interest in tracking how the software is being used and keep on top of key technical and user metrics
This is an incredible opportunity to join a hungry and curious team building and delivering a novel, data-science and tech-heavy solution to a massive, unsolved problem. We have first mover advantage with early adoption from a range of partners from startup to FTSE100 and now need to take the business to scale! A.S.A.P.
We are based in the Founders Factory Offices with 12 months of business and financial support and access to an unparalleled network of leading corporate partners and investors. We have a modern, tech-focused and importantly FUN culture in an open plan office (with quiet working spaces for breakout and brainstorming) but also a beer fridge and ping pong table - all shared with many of the UK’s brightest minds and most exciting businesses.