Founders Factory creates entirely new businesses from scratch. Often the requirements for a new business are ambiguous, so as our Product Co-Founder, you'll be working directly with our corporate investors to identify new business opportunities. You’ll tease out problems, conceptualise solutions in the form of prototypes, and validate them with consumers. This process involves proposition development where business model validation is at the heart of the role, so we seek individuals who are constantly thinking about how to fix real world problems in the form of new products. You will be expected to share ideas and approaches with the larger product development team to help see innovative ideas through to launch.
You have a curious and creative mind, eager to understand what makes people tick, but have the ability to focus on process and look at things from a business point of view. You should love building products that users rave about and working across different projects with lots of competing priorities at rapid pace. You should thrive in a startup environment and subscribe to lean methodologies and principles of product development.
As our Product Co-Founder, you are the acting CEO of our incubation business, and it will be your job to work closely with our concept development team to ideate new business opportunities in our core sectors by turning successful ideas into a product MVP within 6 months; validating your decisions sufficiently that a founding team would want to spin your MVP out into a fully-fledged business.
As our Product Co-Founder, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Leading multiple incubation projects to test hypotheses of market segments and business models to define competitive advantage
- Build working prototypes for both desktop and mobile to put in the hands of real users to test business concepts
- Manage an incubation team of engineers and designers to prioritise, validate and implement a product to test in the hands of users
- Ability to help us build out our toolkit to make building prototypes even faster
- Consolidate feedback from the product development team and assist the team with final production
As our Product Co-Founder, you possess the following skills and competencies:
- A proven track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life
- Knowledge of a range of modern web or mobile frameworks
- Constantly experimenting with new technologies and tools to drive innovation and creativity Strong communication skills - you’ll be sharing the results of analyses, and discussing technical problems, with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Thrive in uncertainty - ideally in an agency business and/or startup environment
Founders Factory is unlike anything else. Shape an entire business from conception through to finished product. Join a highly motivated, energetic team who will push you to incredible heights. Yes, we're offering a competitive salary, however it's the work environment that's unique. We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early-stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is a remarkable chance to grow your career, with options for contributing to an ambitious team and getting in on the ground-floor of the next high-growth startup... whatever that might be! Come join our world class team of thinkers and creators.