Founders Factory is unlike anywhere else, we're a corporate backed incubator and accelerator that takes a unique approach to business creation and leverages the scale and insight from our forward thinking corporate investors to start and grow technology businesses.
We’re on a mission to create a repeatable and reliable methodology to build truly innovative startups that will define the future. Our incubator creates entirely new products from scratch and turns promising concepts into prototypes, and ultimately an MVP, validating decisions commercially along the way to attract a founding team that can spin out into a fully-fledged business.
We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is your rare chance to contribute across the full business spectrum to cofound a business with Founders Factory!
- Get paid a competitive founder salary for 6 months to kick start your business
- Receive an initial seed investment of £150K when your business spins out
- Founder level equity
- Free office space with the Factory until you raise your next round of investment
- Access to shared resources across the Factory operations team including support across investments, strategic partnerships, growth marketing, branding, etc.
What we need:
Often the requirements for a new business are ambiguous, so as our Product Lead, you'll be working directly with our corporate investors to identify new business opportunities. You’ll tease out problems, conceptualise solutions in the form of prototypes, and validate them with consumers. This process involves proposition development where business model validation is at the heart of the role, so we seek individuals who are constantly thinking about how to fix real world problems in the form of new products. You will be expected to share ideas and approaches with the larger product development team to help see innovative ideas through to launch.
You have a curious and creative mind, eager to understand what makes people tick, but have the ability to focus on process and look at things from a business point of view. You should love building products that users rave about and working across different projects with lots of competing priorities at rapid pace. You should thrive in a startup environment and subscribe to lean methodologies and principles of product development.
As our Product Lead, you are the acting CEO of our incubation business, and it will be your job to work closely with our product development team to take an existing concept in one of our core sectors by turning successful ideas into a product MVP within 6 months; validating your decisions sufficiently that you and your future founding team would want to spin your MVP out into a fully-fledged business.
As our Product Lead, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Leading a single incubation project to further test hypotheses of market segments and business models to define competitive advantage
- Developing the product with proprietary technology and further building out the MVP for mobile to put into the hands of real users to test concepts
- Manage a team of engineers and designers to prioritise, validate and launch the product
- Activating distribution partnerships and supercharging growth
- Hiring and retaining a world class team upon spin out
As our Product Lead, you possess the following skills and competencies:
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a leadership capacity
- Commercial and/or product experience taking an early stage business forward and bringing concepts to life
- Constantly experimenting with new technologies and tools to drive innovation and creativity
- Proven track record of fundraising (minimum £500K)
- Strong communication skills - you’ll be sharing the results of analyses, and discussing technical problems, with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
This is your rare chance to contribute across the full business spectrum to become a founder.
- Growth: Work with and meet exceptional talent. Learn faster than you ever have before.
- Autonomy: Freedom to execute, build businesses, not just products.
- Office Meals: Catered lunches, unlimited breakfast, healthy snacks, freshly ground coffee and Paul’s Irish Bar.
- Health and Wellness: Yoga, Stretch O’Clock