HelloCar Pricing Manager
HelloCar is an online used car marketplace incubated by Founders Factory, an innovative new model of launching technology businesses backed by some of the UK’s most experienced entrepreneurs.
HelloCar will disrupt the £45 billion UK used car market which is dominated by dealers making massive margins at the expense of the consumer. HelloCar will shake up the industry and change the way people buy and sell cars. We will replace haggling with car salesmen with a simple, transparent and trustworthy process that offers a better price and better service to consumers. This is an incredible opportunity to be involved, from inception, in one of the most exciting and ambitious marketplaces to date.
We’re seeking a Pricing Manager to shape and develop the car pricing strategy for HelloCar. The Pricing Manager will have ultimate responsibility for ensuring the online and physical car prices provided are accurate and competitive. This is a unique opportunity to help shape a company from the very start with ownership of a critical area of the business.
What your role will involve…
- Responsible for the HelloCar’s pricing strategy, ensuring accurate and competitive prices
- Translate market research and analysis into tangible pricing decisions
- Support consumer sellers to price their cars for sale on the platform
- Provide expert insight that will support the development of the online car pricing system
- Price stock from commercial partners for sale on the platform
What we’re looking for…
- 5+ years experience in the motor industry with more than 2 years experience in a role that has involved valuing cars
- Experience in either a purchasing or re-marketing role at a manufacturer, leasing, rental business or automotive data provider
- Deep knowledge of what affects the value and desirability of a car (from colour to condition to spec)
- Someone who is comfortable analysing data to make informed pricing decisions
- An excellent communicator with a real passion for cars
- Someone who is hungry to make a name for themselves as part of the senior team changing the used car market
- Fast paced start-up experience at a company looking to disrupt a massive market
- Work with a small high-performance team who will fight beside you to accomplish the amazing
- Opportunity to have a say in the business direction from the very start
- Competitive salary with equity in the business