Startup Technical Lead
We’re looking for a talented technical lead to join OnCare: a startup on a mission to solve the elderly care crisis through technology.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned engineer looking for their next challenge. We need someone with strong technical and communication skills looking to tackle some big technology challenges, solve real-world user problems, and do some good along the way.
Working as part of a small, dynamic team, you will take responsibility for defining the overall technology architecture, further developing the product, helping to define the culture of the business and building out the tech team.
OnCare is a business that has grown out of the Founders Factory Incubator, in collaboration with Aviva.
With an ageing population, fewer people becoming care workers, and more care agencies going out of business each year, the care industry is at breaking point. However, with an estimated spend of £20bn each year in the UK alone, there are strong commercial opportunities in the sector.
We believe that through better technology we can create a billion dollar global business while improving the lives of elderly people who need care, their families, their care workers, and care agencies. We’re starting small, but we know where we’re heading and have big ambitions to make a real difference to people’s lives.
We’re looking for a technical lead who can drive the tech team and support the wider business.
- Led and built a team before and is comfortable being responsible for the welfare and development of other engineers
- Managed agile processes and ceremonies to drive and track tech delivery
- Ability to support the CEO in wider aspects of the business outside of the tech team
- Breadth of technical ability with a bias toward backend development and DevOps
- Experience with Python development and AWS needed
- Native mobile experience is a plus
- Ability to clearly describe technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven delivery of a product to market
- Ability to think creatively around the right technical solution to a given problem.
We're offering a competitive salary and equity package in a unique working environment. We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early-stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation.
For the right candidate, this is an incredible opportunity to join a startup where the early leg work in launching the business is complete, where the first version of the product is built and in market, and where you have the opportunity to take this business to scale.