Head of Growth // MedShr
Launched from London in October 2015, MedShr is a health technology platform with over 250,000 members in 180+ countries. We’re a professional medical network & app that enables doctors to share knowledge and skills with peers and experts from around the world to improve healthcare and save lives through clinical case discussion in a private community.
In August 2015, MedShr joined Founders Forum as a rising star company and become part of the Founders Factory accelerator program (http://www.foundersfactory.co/). Most recently, we have been featured in national press and awarded Facebook’s Social Good App of the Year 2016.
The Opportunity: Head of Growth
We’re looking for a results-oriented marketing executive to drive MedShr’s growth. Reporting to the CEO & Operations Director, the Head of Growth is a critical role that will shape the success of MedShr as it scales globally.
We are seeking a hands-on, passionate leader with experience leading end-to-end strategies to acquire, engage, and retain users. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of digital and mobile marketing, product management, demand generation, web analytics, and conversion optimization. We are seeking someone who is comfortable in a dynamic data-driven startup environment. They must not only have the ability to formulate a strategic vision, but also to get right in the trenches with the team to lead tactical execution. Most of all, they must be a reliable, driven team player with an unrelenting desire to win.
Specific responsibilities include
Leading day-to-day activities of MedShr’s growth team and representing their function on MedShr’s executive team. Managing and mentoring two to three direct reports; growing the team’s capabilities through ongoing thought leadership. Partnering with the engineering team to hone the platform to support growth objectives. Evolving re-engagement and churn reduction strategies. Championing initiatives that aim to bolster overall health of the platform. Further developing the acquisition strategy to drive continued growth of new users.
Continuously surveying conversion and engagement performance across all platforms and regions. Managing a variety of channels and programs: SEO/ASO, content, ambassador/editorial program, referral engine, paid advertising. Collaborating with various functions across the company including communications, community, business development, product and engineering. Ongoing planning, forecasting, and accountability for marketing budget.
What we’re looking for
- 5-10+ years experience in roles of increasing responsibility in marketing or product management, with management experience.
- Proven record of attracting and mentoring specialized marketers, building a positive team culture, and leading your team to achieve objectives.
- Experience working with product/engineering teams to prioritize resources and guide product roadmap towards improving growth.
- Superior analytic skills with a solid understanding of web analytics and customer segmentation. Comfort working with data scientists/analysts.
- Expert understanding of the mobile category, including marketing across both iOS and Android platforms. Intricate knowledge of platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook and Google, and running mobile campaigns on a global scale.
- Strong understanding of the metrics & KPIs that drive a successful mobile platform. Proficient knowledge of A/B testing and how to translate results into meaningful improvements for the business. Experience with international expansion and product launches. Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral. An accomplished presenter who can successfully articulate the company’s vision. Bachelor’s Degree; MBA a plus but not a requirement. Experience in healthcare category an asset.
Terms of employment - Full-time, part-time, permanent or contract for the right candidate, London-based